As part of the 10/10 Prayer Initiative, 180 agencies have come together to ask God to draw to himself 10 percent of the world’s Muslims in the next 10 years. 10/10. Easy to remember, yet such an amazingly big task that only God can do it. Will you join us?
By a former missionary in the Middle East — Thank you for praying for the Muslim world! There is a great need for all of us to be lifting up those who are caught up in the battle between light and darkness. The very souls of men, women and children hang in the balance.
We often get caught up in the flesh-and-blood part of things. We focus on certain ethnic groups or countries, and we forget about Ephesians 6:12, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (NIV)
Like all believers who are living out their faith daily and sharing Christ in Muslim communities, SEND’s Muslim ministry workers sit smack dab in the middle of spiritual conflict, and we need to be praying for them in earnest. The Devil is not willing to give up ground without a fight.
Just this week someone told me about a Muslim family that came to Christ for two reasons: First, the Christians just didn’t just talk about helping, they were actually there helping. Second, the power of prayer. This family admitted to making up prayer requests, just so they could hear the Christian workers pray for them! They said they were amazed because when the Christians prayed, they prayed like God was right there in the room with them! Never take your prayers for granted and always being willing to pray.
Every year, SEND workers in Southeast Asia bring the love of God to people who have never had contact with Christians before. They share God’s love through medical clinics and by praying for each patient who comes with a medical concern. Going forward, please pray:
- That these precious prayers would be remembered and reflected upon in the days to come.
- That these prayers would cause these people to open their hearts to the Good News of Jesus.
- That our teammates would gain permission to do follow-up visits to these villages.
- That hearts will continue to soften as the love of Christ is shared.
Pray. Give. Go.
- Visit the SEND website for other resources on Muslim ministry.
- Give toward SEND projects in the Muslim world.
- Explore opportunities to serve with SEND in a Muslim ministry context.