SEND International’s mission is to mobilize God’s people and engage the unreached in order to establish reproducing churches. For the past few months, on our various media platforms, we’ve explored the concept of “unreached” — who are they, why are they key to our ministry efforts, and how do we engage them? Here are the stories, podcast episodes and videos in this series, in case you missed one (or for easy future reference).
A new video
The SEND Canada Office presents, “Why Travel So Far to Engage the Unreached?”
THUMB — an easy way to pray
This simple acronym can remind you (or your Sunday School class or your whole congregation) to pray for the Unreached. (Click to download the graphic or to make it larger.)
Ideas for getting involved
- SEND offers hundreds of opportunities — long term. mid term and short term — to engage the unreached.
- Find SEND’s ideas for daily prayer for the unreached, or learn about Joshua Project’s unreached of the day.
- Check out resources for engaging the unreached in your own community.
Articles about engaging the unreached
- ‘Is Jesus some person living in your village?’ — An exploration of what “unreached” means, and what it doesn’t mean.
- Uncovering the unreached — A missionary’s treasure hunt leads to prayer guides that inspire Ukrainian believers to engage the cultures around them.
- Three ways to inspire prayer for the unreached — A church-planting movement’s foundation rests on prayer — and global workers can help lay that foundation.
- As the sun fades, pushed to pray for Light — THUMB can remind anyone, anywhere to pray for the unreached, whether in a crowded city or a calm countryside.
Stories from the field
- Exploring the faith she mocked — Building trust in unreached communities can take decades, but SEND is poised to invest more in Ummi.
- Upward evangelism — Ministry among diaspora Vietnamese ends up also engaging wealthier Taiwanese.
- ‘Are you a new creation?’ — A young woman from an unreached people group ponders this most-important question.
- Unreached People Groups: The Facts — Duane Frasier from the Joshua Project helps us understand who we mean when we talk about unreached people groups, where they’re located and how we can use the ‘Unreached of the Day’ to lift them up in prayer each day.
- Unreached People Groups: The Faces — David Joannes, founder of Within Reach Global, helps put flesh and faces on the many statistics we hear about unreached people groups – he helps us to see them not just as a statistic but as individuals made in the image of God.