Podcast noun \ˈpäd-ˌkast\ — A program made available in digital format for automatic download over the Internet. The Global Missions Podcast features fascinating interviews that cover all aspects of world missions. You can click the links below to listen to the Global Missions Podcast through your web browser, or search for it on your phone or tablet’s podcast app.
Episode 11: “How Can We Support Missionary Kids?”
Paul Dyck grew up as a missionary kid and leads the Canadian Missionary Kid Network. He delves into some of the misconceptions regarding missionary kids, talks about the challenges they might face when they spend time in their passport culture and celebrates the unique benefits of growing up in a different culture. “MKs have a beautiful view of the world,” he says. “They see the world in the brilliant color that it is.” Listen to the interview.
Episode 45: “Caring for Missionary Families as They Engage in Transition”
Becky Matchullis grew up as a missionary kids and works for Outreach Canada as a missionary family resilience coach. She discusses the four stages that missionary families are likely to go through as they face change and explores the particular challenges of going through transition yourself while also helping your kids transition. “Most families, when given time and support, have absolutely no problem going through a transition,” she says. “God does amazing things in us through transition.” Listen to the interview.
More about third culture kids
- 10 ways to get elementary MKs talking: We all want visiting MKs to feel safe and loved — but sometimes the questions we ask get in the way. Here are some questions to ask, and some to avoid.
- Baby’s arrival births a new ministry: Couple helps start a Down Syndrome Parent Association in Bulgaria, and rejoices as connections form between their church and these families.
- Big truths from little mouths: These two MKs bring bold faith into their communities.
- TCK essay contest winner: ‘I Belong’: After spending most of her life in Macedonia, third culture kid doesn’t feel at home anywhere on Earth — but knows she belongs with God.
- TCK essay contest winner: Leaving & coming home: ‘People change, you change. You are not the same person who left.’
- TCK essay contest winner: God’s faithful, even when we’re friendless: The three-day conference felt like two weeks — but the lessons learned endure to this day.
- From first breath, a culture-crossing life: ‘I’ll never be quite all American. I’ll always have corners of my mind that wander the world.’
- Pray for missionary children: A daily prayer guide for the little ones on the field.
Banner photo:Alphacolor 13